Sunday 18 May 2014

Feelin' Groovy

Slow down, you move too fast.
You got to make the morning last.
Just kicking down the cobble stones.
Looking for fun and feelin' groovy.
Anyone else old enough to remember that? The 59th Bridge Street Song by Simon and Garfunkle, from way back in 1966.

One of the downsides of a chronic illness (one of!) can be a tendency to look for the downside when life is good. It's a beautiful weekend, here in sunny Caversham (yes, it really is sunny!); yesterday I felt dynamic and got a lot of things done, so today I was expecting a hit. Yet here I am, I'm up and about and still feel great.

The reaction will come, sooner or later, I'm sure. Nuts to it! There's nothing I can do to change that (apart from being reasonably sensible and not going out to dig the garden); so I'll enjoy the morning.

It's a gorgeous spring day, sunny but not too warm. Enjoy your day ... even if it's cloudy where you live!

No comments:

Post a Comment